Almost everyone who knows the Internet must have social media accounts such as Twitter, Facebook, Hatena, Google+, and others, or at least they must have an account at one of the social media. Now it is very effective to use social media as a medium for business promotion. If you currently own a business and are not promoted online then you are very behind by competitors who use social media.
Activity in social media can provide many benefits for a local business that include increasing brand business and also strengthens the SEO of a website business. I’m not saying that to have social media accounts will automatically increase the sales of your business, but with the presence of your business in the virtual world will certainly make it better known by many people. And of course, the people who are in your network will reach you when they need your products or services offered by your business. They like already have a bond with you indirectly.
Here are tips on using social media for business:
1. Make sure your customers can mark “check-in” when they are at your place of business. This facility has been provided by Facebook and is suitable for businesses such as cafes, bar, or restaurant.
2. Register also your business on Foursquare because this website can help you in accessing the names of people who had to “check-in” to your business.
3. Prepare your business with the newest features of the Facebook Graph Search where people can find all the local businesses according to their liking. This feature is not yet able to use all your Facebook account – limited to a specific account – but sooner or later the business course you can use it.
4. Active in socialize at Twitter or Dribble. Post your business activities in twitter regularly.
5. The image is something very important because the image can represent many words. Be sure to post pictures of activities related to your business to Twitter, Facebook, and blog. You should also take a photo of you and your staff subscribes or post to Instagram and Facebook, then mark (Tag) the person who is in the photo, so they will want to share photos of your business to their friends.